What to expect:
What takes place at an ACFW North Georgia meeting? Lots! Every monthly meeting contains the following segments:
- Introductions. Don’t worry about who you don’t know. We wear name tags.
- Good News. Everything from getting a rejection to landing a contract to simply getting some writing done.
- Writing-related Devotion.
- Industry News. Stay up on the latest happenings, contests, and conference news.
- Tech Tip. Computers, social media, Scrivener . . . there’s so many things that can help with your writing.
- Writing Tip. You’ll always go home with something that can make your writing better.
Each month will also bring in a speaker or panel of some kind to guide us in our learning. Check our the schedule below for a list of upcoming speakers and topics.
2020 Meeting Schedule
January 28 ~ Elizabeth Musser, author of The Swan House, presenting Depression and God’s Grace (When Your Life Invades Your Story)
February 25 ~ Thomas Umstattd, CEO of Castle Media Group and host of the Christian Publishing Show, presenting The Power of Podcasting
March 24 ~ Edie Melson (author, editor and blogger) presenting Social Media for Today’s Writer
April 28 ~ Kimberly Duffy, author of A Mosaic of Wings, presenting Make A Spark: How to Write Flash Fiction Romances
May 26 ~ Rachel McMillan, author of the Van Buren & DeLuca series, presenting How to Work with Agents and Publishers.
June 23 ~ Tanya Agler, author of The Sheriff’s Second Chance, presenting Organizing Your Series Research.
July 28 ~ Virginia Vaughn, author of 15 Love-Inspired Suspense novels, presenting Goal, Motivation, and Conflict.
August 25 ~ Katy Kauffman, founder of Lighthouse Bible Studies and editor for Refresh Bible Study Magazine, presenting Writing Devotionals.
September 22 ~ Carol James, author of five inspirational romances, will lead a panel discussion of ACFW-N. GA Book Club members, who will share what they learned from Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert by Tammi Labrecque.
October 27 ~ Kim Vogel Sawyer, author of dozens of historical, contemporary, and young adult novels, will present “I Signed on the Dotted Line . . . Now What?”
November ~ No meeting (Happy Thanksgiving!)
December 1 ~ Christmas Party