What to expect:
What takes place at an ACFW North Georgia meeting? A lot! Every monthly meeting contains the following segments:
- Introductions. We’ll learn a little about each other and the genre we each write.
- Good News. Everything from getting a rejection to landing a contract to simply getting some writing done.
- Writing-related devotion.
- Industry News. Stay up on the latest happenings, contests, and conference news.
- Tech Tip. Computers, social media, Scrivener… there’s so many things that can help with your writing.
- Writing Tip. You’ll always go home with something that can make your writing better.
Each month will also bring in a speaker or panel of some kind to guide us in our learning. Check our the schedule below for a list of upcoming speakers and topics.
2022 Meeting Schedule
November (no meeting)
In 2021, we had some incredible speakers. They challenged and taught us, encouraging us to grow in our craft and faith.
January 26 ~ Edwina Perkins, managing editor of Harambee Press/Iron Stream Media, presenting The Danger and Power of Words
February 23 ~ Vincent B. Davis II, Warrior Book Marketing Group, presenting Amazon Bootcamp
March 23 ~ Carla Hoch, author of “Fight Write” presenting Getting Your Characters to Fight Right
April 27 ~ Julane Fisher, author of The Sour Lemon Series, presenting Find Your Voice . . . Literally
May 25 ~ Elizabeth Camden, RITA & Christy Award-winning author, presenting Writing Dynamic Back Cover Copy
June 22 ~ Tina Yeager, author of Beautiful Warrior, presenting an inspirational class
July 27 ~ Amy Green, author and publicist at Bethany House, presenting Tips to Avoiding a Mushy Middle
August 24 ~ Hallee Bridgeman, best-selling author, discussing going from an indie author to a traditional contract
September 28 ~ Patty Smith Hall, multi-published author with Love Inspired Historical and Barbour, presenting a class on writing dialogue
October 26 ~ Creston Mapes, best-selling author, discussing going from a traditional contract to an indie author
November ~ No meeting (Happy Thanksgiving!)
December 7 ~ Christmas Party