What to expect
What takes place at an ACFW North Georgia meeting? Lots.
Every monthly meeting contains the following segments:
- Introductions (Don’t worry about who you don’t know – we wear nametags!)
- Good news (Everything from getting a rejection to landing a contract to simply getting some writing done)
- Writing-related Devotion
- Industry News (Stay up on the latest happenings, contests, and conference news)
- Tech Tip (Computers, social media, Scrivener… there’s so many things that can help with your writing and we’ll help you use them.)
- Writing Tip (You’ll always go home with SOMETHING that can make your writing better.)
Each month will also bring in a speaker or panel of some kind to guide us in our learning. Check out the Schedule below for a list of upcoming speakers and topics. To stay up to date on special public events and receive meeting reminders the day of each meeting, please join our public interest newsletter.
Our 2020 Meeting Schedule
- January 28 ~ Elizabeth Musser, author of The Swan House, presenting Depression and God’s Grace (When Your Life Invades Your Story)
- February 25 ~ Thomas Umstattd, CEO of Castle Media Group and host of the Christian Publishing Show, presenting The Power of Podcasting.
- March 24 ~ TBD
- April 28 ~ TBD
- May 26 ~ TBD
- June 23 ~ TBD
- July 28 ~ TBD
- August 25 ~ TBD
- September 22 ~ TBD
- October 27 ~ TBD
- November ~ No meeting (Happy Thanksgiving!)
- December 1 ~ Christmas Party