What to expect
What takes place at an ACFW North Georgia meeting? Lots.
Every monthly meeting contains the following segments:
- Introductions (Don’t worry about who you don’t know – we wear nametags!)
- Good news (Everything from getting a rejection to landing a contract to simply getting some writing done)
- Writing-related Devotion
- Industry News (Stay up on the latest happenings, contests, and conference news)
- Tech Tip (Computers, social media, Scrivener… there’s so many things that can help with your writing and we’ll help you use them.)
- Writing Tip (You’ll always go home with SOMETHING that can make your writing better.)
Each month will also bring in a speaker or panel of some kind to guide us in our learning. Check out the Schedule below for a list of upcoming speakers and topics. To stay up to date on special public events and receive meeting reminders the day of each meeting, please join our public interest newsletter.
Our 2019 Meeting Schedule
- January ~ A panel discussion led by Lindsey P. Brackett, Writing through the Chaos
- February ~ Jim Hart, Hartline Literary Agency, presenting via Skype, Are You Ready to Work with an Agent?
- March ~ Molly Jo Realy, How to be a Zebra on Social Media
- April ~ Melanie Dobson, presenting via Skype, Why Bad Things Must Happen to Good Characters
- May ~ DiAnn Mills, presenting via Skype, Characters
- June ~ Cindy Woodsmall, The Power of Deeper Show, Don’t Tell
- July ~ Patty Smith Hall, Writing Novellas
- August ~ Lynn Blackburn, Creating Un-put-down-able Novels
- September ~ Hope Welborn, Using Outlining & 3-Act Structure to Gear Up for NaNoWriMo
- October ~ Kristi Ann Hunter, Deep POV
- November/December ~ Christmas Party