What to expect:
What takes place at an ACFW North Georgia meeting? Lots! Every monthly meeting contains the following segments:
- Introductions. Don’t worry about who you don’t know. We wear name tags.
- Good News. Everything from getting a rejection to landing a contract to simply getting some writing done.
- Writing-related Devotion.
- Industry News. Stay up on the latest happenings, contests, and conference news.
- Tech Tip. Computers, social media, Scrivener . . . there’s so many things that can help with your writing.
- Writing Tip. You’ll always go home with something that can make your writing better.
Each month will also bring in a speaker or panel of some kind to guide us in our learning. Check our the schedule below for a list of upcoming speakers and topics.
2021 Meeting Schedule
January 26 ~ Edwina Perkins, managing editor of Harambee Press/Iron Stream Media, presenting The Danger and Power of Words
February 23 ~ Vincent B. Davis II, Warrior Book Marketing Group, presenting Amazon Bootcamp
March 23 ~ Carla Hoch, author of “Fight Write” presenting Getting Your Characters to Fight Right
April 27 ~ Julane Fisher, author of The Sour Lemon Series, presenting Find Your Voice . . . Literally
May 25 ~ Elizabeth Camden, RITA & Christy Award-winning author, presenting Writing Dynamic Back Cover Copy
June 22 ~ Tina Yeager, author of Beautiful Warrior, presenting an inspirational class
July 27 ~ Amy Green, author and publicist at Bethany House, presenting Tips to Avoiding a Mushy Middle
August 24 ~ Hallee Bridgeman, best-selling author, discussing going from an indie author to a traditional contract
September 28 ~ Patty Smith Hall, multi-published author with Love Inspired Historical and Barbour, presenting a class on writing dialogue
October 26 ~ Creston Mapes, best-selling author, discussing going from a traditional contract to an indie author
November ~ No meeting (Happy Thanksgiving!)
December 7 ~ Christmas Party